Escalator Safety Tips
Escalator is a very efficient and easy to use as a public transportation nowadays. Judge by how we ride the Escalator it’s a very safe and suit for every people in this world. Of course there’re simple safety rules apply while using Escalator as well. Most accident occur as a result of FALLING.
Here’s the thing that you shouldn’t do and should do when using Escalator:
- If you are using canes,walkers or wheel chairs,stop and take an elevator instead.
- Do not ride barefoot or with untied shoelaces.
- Make sure you get on to the right escalator going in the direction you want.
- If you are riding with small children,make sure they are held firmly.
- If you are wearing loose or long clothing,hold it carefully.
- If you have packages to hold,hold firmly with one hand as you grasp the hand rail with the other.
- Stand toward the centre of the step and face forward.
- Do not rest your parcels or handbag on the handrail.
- Keep loose/long clothing clear of the sides
- Walk off promptly without any hesitation.
- Move away immediately so as to enable those behind you to alight as well.